Perhaps most importantly, when we save paper, we reduce the need to cut down trees to make new paper. Producing one ton of paper requires 2-3 times its weight in trees. Making paper from recycled content rather than virgin fiber creates 74 percent less air pollution and 35 percent less water pollution.
- Production of recycled paper uses only half the water and 3/4 of the energy than new paper
- Minimal use and wastage of paper – Huge water consumption involved in papermaking process can lead to reduced water leaks, required for fish and other aquatic flora and fauna along with alternatives in the water temperature
What we do at VIVAN
- We reuse items like envelope, folders, paper . We also try our best to minimize use of printed statements of bills
- We have set the margins on our word docs on every computer/laptop used by VIVANians to the minimum, so that we can save at least 20% paper space during the printouts. By doing this small deed, we can save some papers and there by some trees too
- Most of our data, we prefer to share/store in electronic form, unless until it’s required in paper form
- Suggestion documents on Resource Management would be shared with every VIVANian, along with our Policies and Procedures, and thereby ensuring to make a clear difference in their way of being at VIVAN while at work, and later as a practice in their personal lives too
- All our utility bills, we receive them in electronic form, thereby we avoid having a hard copy of paper bills
- All the mobile and telephone line bills at VIVAN are registered for GO GREEN campaign, whereby we receive them in electronic form
- By reducing the font size of the letters by one point for print outs, we can save 18% of paper, that saves Many Trees
We are doing a bit from our end…So can you !