Interesting Facts to know :
- By saving a tone of paper, you can save 17 trees, 26000 liters of water, 4000 kilowatt of power supply and 240 liters of fuel.
- A typical office worker produces 160 kilograms of paper waste, 45% of all the papers is thrown away in the course of the day after the printing.
- It takes an average of 5 liters of water to produce one piece of A4 paper.
- Paper accounts for 25% of landfill waste and 33% of municipal waste.
- Every tree produces enough oxygen for 3 people to breathe.
- 93% of paper comes from trees.
- 50% of the waste of businesses is composed of paper.
- Lessening of paper usage was predicted due to the electronic revolution. It didn’t happen. Demand for paper is expected to double before 2030.
Production of recycled paper uses only half the water and 3/4 of the energy than new paper.
Minimal use and wastage of paper – Huge water consumption involved in papermaking process can lead to reduced water leaks, required for fish and other aquatic flora and fauna along with alternatives in the water temperature.
What we do at VIVAN
- We reuse items like envelope, folders, paper . We also try our best to minimize use of printed statements of bills
- We have set the margins on our word docs on every computer/laptop used by VIVANians to the minimum, so that we can save at least 20% paper space during the printouts. By doing this small deed, we can save some papers and there by some trees too
- Most of our data, we prefer to share/store in electronic form, unless until it’s required in paper form
- Suggestion documents on Resource Management would be shared with every VIVANian, along with our Policies and Procedures, and thereby ensuring to make a clear difference in their way of being at VIVAN while at work, and later as a practice in their personal lives too
- All our utility bills, we receive them in electronic form, thereby we avoid having a hard copy of paper bills
- All the mobile and telephone line bills at VIVAN are registered for GO GREEN campaign, whereby we receive them in electronic form
- By reducing the font size of the letters by one point for print outs, we can save 18% of paper, that saves Many Trees
We are doing a bit from our end…So can you !