There is a reason why the 3 R’s are ordered Reduce, Reuse & Recycle.
Reduce comes first because itis the most important thing that you can do to live a more sustainable lifestyle.
Recycling & Reusing will help slow the growth of landfills, and cut down on the amount of raw materials or natural resources used in creating new products, by reducing your actual rate of consumption in the most efficient way to manage our world’s growing waste problem.
- By-products that you can reuse, maintain and repair
- Reuse items like bags and container whenever it is possible
- Use rechargeable batteries
- Old newspaper can be the good packaging material
- Wrap gifts in gifting bags instead of papers, which you can reuse later
- We tend to waste the resources, knowingly / unknowingly
- By making people present to this situation, we can have controls on usage of resources/energy where it is not necessary
- Every month, we throw away enough aluminum to rebuild our entire commercial air fleet
- Recycled, that aluminum would be worth $600 million by year’s end, if you throw away 2 aluminum cans, you waste more energy than 1,00,000,000 one billion of world’s poorest people use a day
- Buy used furniture – there is a surplus of it. This saves cutting of trees
What we do at VIVAN
- We make sure that everyone at VIVAN knows the above mentioned, and encouraged to follow
- Encourage all VIVANians to share this information with friends and family
- At VIVAN we use ceramic cups instead of plastic disposable cups, which is usually a practice
- We extensively use our Intranet communications to share the information and make recycling / Reusing as a way of life
- We at VIVAN always used natural plants for our interiors, and will never use any artificial (plastic) plants. Thereby avoiding usage of plastic
- We encourage Reusing of paper by every VIVANian, where ever it is possible
- We strive to keep minimum usage of paper for our operations requirement
- We encourage the habit of switching off of lights and computers if it’s to be kept unattended. It’s not about saving, it’s about being responsible for the energy that’s available to us, making conservation of energy a habit for better tomorrow
The Three R’s – Reuse, Reduce, Recycle – are a lifestyle for a sustainable future. ways to reuse items whenever possible; reduce consumption to reduce waste. Purchase only items that can be recycled.
We are doing a bit from our end…So can you !!